idk where I am with my life right now
I hate it here
I want to escape somewhere
at that awkward stage where my decisions make up my life’s path
what’s the point of going to school until 22 only to go to grad school for another few years?
and after that?
what’s going to happen then?
life is so repetitive
I’m getting sick of it
sick of disappointing myself
sick of knowing there’s nothing to look forward to
I don’t even know myself
how do you expect me to know you?
why you shouldn’t fall in love with me
because i will lure you in
hold your hand
give you kisses
put my arm around you when you sleep
love you like there is no tomorrow
then once it’s tomorrow
i’ll slap your hand away
make sure your mouth never comes near mine
and sleep on my own bed
throw you away
and there you’ll be
thinking that all i did was love you
when the truth is that
you were nothing in the beginning
and you are nothing in the end
gonna stop thinking that tumblr is about followers and likes and lul like smd i can write what i want
i just went down and up the stairs how much fat have i lost
i really want to carry a torch in a cave just like one time
- You are stronger than you realise.
- You are crueller than you realise.
- The smallest words will break your heart.
- You will change. You’re not the same person you were three years ago. You’re not even the same person you were three minutes ago and that’s okay. Especially if you don’t like the person you were three minutes ago.
- People come and go. Some are cigarette breaks, others are forest fires.
- You won’t like your name until you hear someone say it in their sleep.
- You’ll forget your email password but ten years from now you’ll still remember the number of steps up to his flat.
- You don’t have to open the curtains if you don’t want to.
- Never stop yourself texting someone. If you love them at 4 a.m., tell them. If you still love them at 9.30 a.m., tell them again.
- Make sure you have a safe place. Whether it’s the kitchen floor or the Travel section of a bookshop, just make sure you have a safe place.
- You will be scared of all kinds of things, of spiders and clowns and eating alone, but your biggest fear will be that people will see you the way you see yourself.
- Sometimes, looking at someone will be like looking into the sun. Sometimes someone will look at you like you are the sun. Wait for it.
- You will learn how to sleep alone, how to avoid the cold corners but still fill a bed.
- Always be friends with the broken people. They know how to survive.
- You can love someone and hate them, all at once. You can miss them so much you ache but still ignore your phone when they call.
- You are good at something, whether it’s making someone laugh or remembering their birthday. Don’t ever let anyone tell you that these things don’t matter.
- You will always be hungry for love. Always. Even when someone is asleep next to you you’ll envy the pillow touching their cheek and the sheet hiding their skin.
- Loneliness is nothing to do with how many people are around you but how many of them understand you.
- People say I love you all the time. Even when they say, ‘Why didn’t you call me back?’ or ‘He’s an asshole.’ Make sure you’re listening.
- You will be okay.
- You will be okay.